Electrochemical Methods in Corrosion Research – EMCR 2022
September 24 - September 30
The first EMCR conference was held in Manchester in 1982, and it has subsequently run in Toulouse (1985), Zurich (1988), Helsinki (1991), Lisbon (1994), Trento (1997), Budapest (2000), Ysermonde (2003), Dourdan (2006), Maragoggi (2012), Troia (2015) and Cambridge (2018). The 13th EMCR conference will be held from 25 to 30 September 2022 at St Pierre d’Oléron.
This conference has evolved into one of the leading events in corrosion electrochemistry, providing an intimate, focused meeting. The single-session format ensures that participants do not miss significant presentations, and the social events and combination of accommodation and technical papers at a single site provide ample opportunity for informal interaction.
Call for papers
The EMCR conference is a federated organization dedicated to bringing together a significant number of diverse scholarly events for presentation within the conference program. Events will run over a span of time during the conference depending on the number and length of the presentations. This conference is the premier interdisciplinary forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of electrochemical methods in corrosion. It will bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, and scholars in the domain of interest from around the world.
All aspects of corrosion research with an electrochemical component will be considered; topics of particular interest include:
- Electrochemical studies at high temperature, for example in pressurised water or molten salts.
- Scanning and microprobe techniques, including scanning probe, SECM, LEIS and techniques based on AFM technology.
- Electrochemical studies of environmentally-assisted fracture.
- Detection of hydrogen and studies of hydrogen interaction with metals.
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and electrochemical noise.
- Modelling from the atom to the application.
- Combination of electrochemical studies with complementary techniques (e.g. optical, ultrasonic, radiographic, tomographic).
- Cathodic protection and inhibition.
Papers submitted to the meeting (both oral and poster presentations) may be submitted to a special edition of Electrochimica Acta.
- Abstract submission: March 31, 2022
- Early brid registration: May 30, 2022
- La Rochelle University
- La Vieille Perrotine St Pierre d’Oléron