- This event has passed.
Nuclear Corrosion Summer School – NuCoSS-23
July 2 - July 7
This is the third edition of such a summer school and it is organized by Working Party 4 'Nuclear Corrosion' of the European Federation of Corrosion. The summer school is primarily intended for people from nuclear authorities, industry and research organizations who would like to get a comprehensive overview on the field of nuclear corrosion. The program is designed in a way that networking and a knowledge transfer from experienced experts to the 'young generation' is facilitated. Internationally renowned experts (e.g., F. Scenini, D. Engelberg, R. Kilian, H.P. Seifert, P. Efsing, J. Noël, L. Martinelli, J. Macak, D. Delacoux, S. Ritter) will give lectures on the following topics (the program will be available at a later stage):
- Electrochemistry and corrosion (incl. hands-on experiments)
- Overview on corrosion in the nuclear cycle
- Corrosion in light water reactor plants (incl. monitoring & mitigation aspects and a focus on environmentally-assisted cracking)
- Corrosion in nuclear waste disposals
- Corrosion in Gen IV systems
- Case studies and ageing management
- Advanced techniques to characterize corrosion
Registration fee (The event is SOLD OUT!)
- Student fee, single 3-star room: € 990.-
- Regular fee, single 4-star room: € 1590.-
The fee includes full cost accommodation in Hotel Špik, access to lectures, electronic
handouts, and all breaks.
- Application deadline for the two EFC Student Grants: February 28, 2023
- Registration cut-off date: May 1, 2023 (but the School and especially the student fees might be sold out much earlier!)
A flyer can be downloaded from here.