Nuclear Corrosion Summer School – NuCoSS-23
July 2, 2023 - July 7, 2023
This is the third edition of such a summer school and it is organized by the Working Party 4 'Nuclear Corrosion' of the European Federation of Corrosion.
The summer school is primarily intended for people from nuclear authorities, industry and research organisations who would like to get a comprehensive overview on the field of nuclear corrosion. The programme is designed in a way that networking and a knowledge transfer from experienced experts to the 'young generation' is facilitated. Internationally renowned experts will give lectures on the following topics:
- Electrochemistry and corrosion
- Overview on corrosion in the nuclear cycle
- Corrosion in light water reactor plants (incl. a focus on environmentally-assisted cracking)
- Corrosion in nuclear waste disposals
- Corrosion in Gen IV systems
- Case studies and ageing management
- Advanced technologies to characterize corrosion
More details will be available around fall 2022!