Effective date: May 28, 2018
Who we are
International Cooperative Group on Environmentally-Assisted Cracking of Water Reactor Materials Non-Profit Organization - ICG-EAC N.P.O. (referred to as the Group).
Principal place of business: 56 Bradford Farm Road, Mills River, NC 28759, USA
Website address: https://icg-eac.org.
Whose personal information we collect
We may collect personal information about individuals who interact with the Group, including individuals who are employed by our member organizations (and contractors).
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information directly from individuals, through our website(s) or from our member organizations.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The information we collect may include:
- Personal and business contact information (such as name, job title and employer name, education information, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number);
- username and password in connection with establishing an account on our website;
- other information or photographs you provide to us (such as in comments, meeting registrations, e-mails, on phone calls, or in other correspondence with the Group);
- cookies and other usage information we collect by automated means.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as the IP address, and type of operating system and web browser);
- dates and times of visits to, and use of, our website;
- information about how our website is used (such as the content that is viewed or downloaded and how users navigate between our webpages);
- URLs that refer visitors to our website;
- search terms used to reach our website.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. The “help” menu on most internet browsers contains information on how to disable cookies, or you can visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/.
Embedded content from other websites
Our use of personal information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Determine eligibility to access certain portions of, or content on, our website;
- analyze and enhance our communications and strategies;
- provide the member database to persons with access to the password-restricted portions of the website;
- operate, evaluate and improve our website;
- tailor the content we display in our communications and on our website;
- data loss prevention, such as by marking downloaded documents with the personal information of the individual downloading the document and other information;
- administer surveys;
- facilitate academic and other research and studies;
- provide commenting boards, chat rooms, or other forums;
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, and our Group policies;
- protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activities (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our website), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide.
We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate purposes — including historical and statistical analysis — without restriction.
Who we share your data with
We may share the information we collect within our Group, with our member organizations, with our service providers (including website support, e-mail and web hosting providers), and other individuals with access (or individuals applying for access) to the password-restricted portions of our website. In addition, we may share your information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activities (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our website), and claims and other liabilities.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or register for a meeting, the comment or entries and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue and that we are able to follow up on the activities of the member organizations or individuals over the years.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time upon request. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, have registered for meetings or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect personal information
The Group maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of the personal information.
Links to websites and third-party content
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content that is not owned or operated by the Group. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy policies. The Group is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control.
How to contact us
If you are a resident within the European Economic Area, you also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your customer state.